1. Sign Contract.
2. All event cost must be paid seven (7) days before the event
3. Insurance should be received seven (7) days before the event
4. Once a customer has booked an event, a follow up phone call must be made within ten (10) days. A contract must also be in place within the fourteen (14) days
5. Catering agreement should be submitted seven (7) days before the event, it is the customers responsibility to get the Catering agreement signed
6. Caterer must be licensed, if they do not have a health permit, as required by state law, they must cook the food in our kitchen. All documents are listed on catering agreement
7. Set up (room design) should be done seven (7) days before the event. If there is a change in the set up on the day of the event, there will be a charge of $100.00 or more
1. Table cloths, $5.00; skirts, $7.00; table cloth w/ skirt, $10.00
2. Wireless mic, $50.00
3. *Cash Bar, this is when we set up a bar for sale of alcohol, $200.00 plus two (2) police officers at a rate of $69.00 per hour, number of officers will depend on the size of the group.
4. *Corkage Fee, (varies) this is charged when a 501c3, non profit organization is giving away free alcohol. Civic Center bartenders, $12.00 per hour, plus a minimum of two (2) police officers at a rate of $69.00 per hour
5. Screens, projectors, lighting, extra mics and technical equipment will have additional cost
6. If a lot of technical work is required for the event, an IA technical support person is required to be onsite at additional cost during the event
7. A Facility Fee of $3.00 is charged per ticket or a flat rate if you are selling your own tickets. If you are selling tickets for your event , you must apply for a Sales Tax Registration number (Taxation & Revenue Department) and provide a copy of the information to the Civic Center
1. Tables, chairs, (curtains covers area behind head table only); there is an extra charge for wall to wall curtains
2. Podium, one (1) mic
3. Stage, regular or concert
4. Rooms are set up according to customer’s request. Set ups begin on the day of the event unless there is prior approval with the Civic Center management. If changes are made on the day of the event there is a one time fee of $100.00
5. Event will be posted on the Civic Center marquee if digital information is provided seven (7) days prior to the event. If the event is not a Ticketmaster event, there is a charge of $50.00 to place it on the marquee.
2. The Civic Center is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items
3. Smoking nor tobacco is not permitted in the buildings at any time. Chewing gum should not be disposed of on the floors, nor tape on the floor or walls
4. Renter shall not have the right to sublet Civic Center facilities
5. Sound levels must be suitable for the interior of the rented space, the Civic Center reserves the right to request the renter to adjust the volume
6. Decorations on the tables are permissible, do not put anything on the floors, doors or hang items from the ceilings.
7. The rooms in the Convention Center & Conference Hall are for meetings or small banquets. There are times when we rent them for birthdays, weddings or anniversaries. These are exceptions to the line items in the rental agreements.
8. Effective June 1, 2016, there will be a deposit fee of $100 or $200 by cashier’s check, money order, debit or credit card for possible damages that could occur during events in the Arena, Theatre, Conference Hall or Convention Center.
9. Deposit is refundable if there are no damages.
10. If an event is cancelled by the customer, deposits are non-refundable
· Rates are subject to change depending on event and event size
The Monroe Civic Center’s Clear Bag Policy is consistent with our effort to put safety first.
All guests and their bags will be subject to search when entering Monroe Civic Center property for concerts and other large events.
· Clear plastic or vinyl bags that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”.
· One gallon clear plastic bags.
· Small clutch bags that do not exceed 4.5” x 6.5”.
Customers are reminded that they may not put a non-clear bag into a clear bag. Small handheld clutch purses, which don’t have to be clear, will continued to be permitted into the Civic Center.
All backpacks regardless of size are prohibited and any bags larger than 12” x 6” x 12,” clear or non-clear will be strictly prohibited. Exceptions may be made for diaper bags (with baby) and bags that contain necessary medical items, which must be inspected and approved